Housekeeping (Part Time)
|Location:||Cedar Park, TX|
|Employment Type:||Year-Round - Part Time|
The Cedar Park Center (http://www.cedarparkcenter.com/) and Texas Stars (http://www.texasstarshockey.com/) organization delivers fun, family entertainment including sports, concerts and other events, bringing energy, excitement and new business to the Cedar Park, Round Rock and Northwest Austin area.
Working for this organization means being a part of the premier entertainment venue of the area, the place where people go to relax, have fun and meet friends. The Cedar Park Center and Texas Stars organization will be hiring a large team of workers, all geared toward professionally putting on an amazing line-up of premier events.
Housekeeping is responsible for the overall housekeeping operations at Cedar Park and Event Center. This position reports to the Housekeeping Manager and works with all departments at Cedar Park and Event Center, with particular emphasis on the event preparation and recovery.
Duties include all pre-event and post event cleaning of the interior and exterior of the facility, regulation of equipment and product inventory, waste management and reduction programs, materials handling, among other related duties, as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should also have the following qualifications:
Experience / Education:
- Ideal candidate will have 2 years experience in housekeeping, janitorial or other related experience, especially in a guest environment such as hotel, retail, restaurant, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to help wherever needed and able to work quickly and efficiently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules;
Ability to speak effectively to customers and other employees
High degree of personal integrity and honesty
Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
- Employees must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Employees must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Position requires the ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time or for an entire shift; move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than 10 lbs without assistance; reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping.
- The noise level during events may be very loud, otherwise, the noise level should be mostly moderate.
- This position will require working with cleaning chemicals and supplies and possible exposure to related fumes
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.